Read the “official” course description below and then keep reading.
Writing for Digital Media concentrates on the theory and practice of interactive writing for new media channels. The course examines the fundamental principles of writing interactively for specific audiences, encourages students to explore content development and looks at the creation of meaning in digital media while also helping students cultivate skills in content development using the appropriate technologies for the different media.
That’s not how we would write it for an assignment in class. (Grasping this teachable moment) read the “webified” version below.
Writing for Digital Media concentrates on the theory and practice of interactive writing for new media channels.
In this course you will:
- Examine the principles of writing interactively for specific audiences
- Explore different content development techniques
- Look at how to create meaning in digital media
- Cultivate skills in content development
- Use appropriate technologies for different media
Hmm. Might have to put that into the syllabus.