Follow the “Creating a WordPress Account” set of steps to create an account. If you have a WordPress.com account skip to Step 9.
Then follow the “Joining a Class Website” set of steps.
Creating a WordPress Account
- Go to WordPress.com (If you already have a WordPress.com account go to Step 9.)
- Select the orange Get Started button
- Fill in the four blanks: E-mail Address, Username; Password; and Blog Address. “Blog Address” will be filled in automatically with your email address; change it to your first and last name with no spaces (toddoneill) or to another name of your choosing. You can change it later if you want to.
- Write down or remember your user Name and Password; you will need it later.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the right hand button, Create Blog.
- Follow the directions on the “Now Check Your E-mail to Complete Registration” page.
- You will have a new email with the Subject: Activate YOURNEWBLOGNAME.wordpress.com.
- Select the Activate Blog button. You will be redirected to the WordPress.com page titled “Set up your blog”. Follow the directions.
- If you already have a WordPress.com account using your mtmail address go to Joing a Class Website. If you have an account using a different address go to Step 10.
- If you have a WordPress.com account using a email address other than your mtmail address (gmail, yahoo, etc.) please let me know and I will invite you to the class website using that address. Then follow the directions in
Joining a Class Website
- Go to your email and look for the e-mail with the Subject: Todd O’Neill invited you to become an author on NAMEOFCLASS.wordpress.com.
- Select the Accept Invitation button.
- You will be redirected to the Dashboard for the class website.
To See Your Site’s dashboard
Point your mouse to the upper right corner and hover over your WordPress user name. You will see your website name in the drop-down panel. Play around with customizing it and creating Pages and Posts. Add Images. Go crazy! Here are some things to do first.
If you have joined more than one class website at WordPress.com you will see that website listed there. When you are signed in to WordPress you can switch back and forth between them.
To make changes to your profile settings hover over the WordPress logo in the upper left corner of the screen and select Settings.